Monday, November 12, 2012

Proposal #2


Title: Not sure yet
Author: Jessica Zacarias
Topic: Society and Girl code and is harsher on females than guy code is on males.
Exigence: What makes me want to write this paper is that I think it is really important for this to be recognized or at least considered. I think that many females in our society can relate to this and I think that if more people become aware of this, it might decrease the intensity of the problem.
Audience: Everyone. Girl and guy code exist at all times of our lives, it just changes with age. Although I will be writing primarily about adolescent girl/guy code, it applies to everyone because they will either get at this stage in life, are at this stage in life or were at this stage in their life’s.
Purpose: To raise awareness and lay down the gender rules, where they come from, and the consequences of them.
Claim: We all know that there are Gender roles and Gender rules in our society. However, women suffer more in our rules; they are more enforced and there are higher consequences for them as well.
Writer’s strategy #1: Ethos. I will be able to use my ethos and have credibility because I am a female that has gone through middle school, high school and some college (where a lot of the girl code takes form) I’ve also heard many testimonies from my friends. I’m really interested in the topic of what it means to be a certain gender in our society, so I have gone out of my way to question my girl and guy friends about some of these issues.
The effect of my ethos will be that the audience/reader will trust me. There is no better judge of a situation then someone who has directly been involved with it.
Writers strategy # 2: Exemplification and Description. The best way to support my claims in this case would be real life examples and describing what it looks like. I will bring in statistics, personal experiences and experiences of others to prove my point. With all these examples, it will paint a picture of what girls really go through. I intend to also exemplify guys experiences too, I am not trying to say guys don’t have it hard, I’m trying to say that girls have it harder and from more sources.
Writers strategy #3: Cause and Effect. I will not only explain what the boy/girl code is, but explain the reason and consequences of it. I will address why I think the reason is that girls have it harder than guys and what results because of it. If we can identify some of the causes for all this craziness, then maybe we can stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment